Sunday, July 5, 2009

My Recipe Journal

I started this recipe journal last November 04, 2006 but I have put up the collage cover consisting of WI leaf (Sorry for I don't know the name of the tree) and first fave chocolates (which I got during V Days) and candies given by him back in the day. I have just finished the little collage last week only : ) He loves to eat Baskin Robbins Mint Chocolate Chip. I love it also!

Through the years, I have collected a lot of recipes and made several notes related to it and on how to cook. I am into American and Chinese cuisine for those are his faves but I am also collecting Filipino dishes, my own faves so that I could cook it someday for us.

The first real cooking that I have done was during my birthday last year where I had a special baked Ziti. The experience of learning how to cook for the first time was both fun and tiring but at the end, it was very rewarding for my family loved it and I ate a lot, was so bloated after! Too bad he was not able to taste it then :(

Looking back, I grew up without any knowledge on how to do the household chores and cooking. I was never trained by my parents. We usually have household helpers or Mama would always do the chores but it changed when I have met him for he would want me to do the traditional things that mostly women would do around the house. And guess what, I have been enjoying it so far, nevertheless. Really enjoying the chores and cooking, though tons of it are purely practice and I would usually complain :)

Today, July 5, the entry for Simple Abundance Book by Sarah Ban Breathnach is Cooking Companions, what a great Coincidence then! Am doing my recipe journal and when I flipped through the Simple Abundance Book, I got the Cooking Companions as my inspiration for the day :) So sweet!!!
And I love the quotation that she has for today - "No one who cooks alone. Even at her most solitary, a cook in the kitchen is surrounded by generations of cooks past, the advice and menus of cooks present, the wisdom of cookbook writers." ~ Laurie Colwin.

Still of Laurie Colwin - "I know that young children will wander away from the table, and that family life is never smooth, and that life itself is full, not only of charm and warmth and comfort but of sorrow and tears. But whether we are happy or sad, we must be fed."

No comments:

Post a Comment